With football season in full swing and fall camping season underway, making the perfect fall appetizer is always a top priority. Kettle corn is always sweet, salty, and delicious, and topped with bacon? There’s never a bad recipe if it’s topped with bacon! So try this recipe out at your next gathering or when the family is ready to munch on something delicious at the campsite!
1 pack Pop Secret Sweet ‘n Crunchy Caramel
1 pack Pop Secret Sweet ‘n Crunchy Kettlecorn
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup packed brown sugar
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup bacon crumbles
1. Pop both bags of popcorn in microwave to package directions & combine in a large bowl with your bacon crumbles – set aside
2. Combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk & salt in a saucepan
3. Attach a candy thermometer to the side- don’t let the tip touch the bottom of the pan- but make sure it’s well within the liquid.
4. Heat over medium-high -stirring constantly until mixture boils
5. Once it boils reduce heat to medium & continue stirring until thermometer reaches 220 degrees
6. Remove from heat, carefully remove your thermometer & drizzle mixture over the popcorn
7. Fold with a spatula to coat the popcorn & bacon with caramel
8. Enjoy immediately – the bacon should not be left out at room temperature for very long. This is best enjoyed at the time of preparation.